In order to further standardize and improve the visual identification system of SUSTC and build a good internal and external image, the university decides to collect improving schemes for visual identification system of SUSTC from all teachers and students and staffs in the university, schoolfellows from domestic and overseas and people from all walks of life. Hope teachers and students and people from all walks of life can develop your intelligence to actively take part in. Now the relevant items are announced as follows:
I. Collection time
From today to October 31, 2015
II. Collection object
All teachers and students and staffs in the university, schoolfellows and people from all walks of life at home and abroad.
III. Collection contents
Basic elements design, including standard colors, standard typeface (Chinese and English), design of logo figure, description of creation and symbolic graph (mascot) and so on.
IV. Collection Requirements
1. Uniformity: pay attention to the uniformity in design of logo, color orientation, style and temperament and combined application.
2. Sense of the times: the style should conform to the characteristics of SUSTC and reflect sense of times, possess the features of young and international;
3. Difference: avoiding similar, possessing typical style, being stand out;
4. Artistry: with visual impact, perfect form, strong decorative, unique idea, making people pleasant and remember the brand meaning of the university in pleasure.
V. Submission Instruction
1.The documents can be submitted in person or in letter or through internet; you should mark “the collection of VI improving program” on the envelope or in the theme of the email.
(1) Internet mode: email firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Letter mode: Department of Publicity and Public Relation, Room 402, Administrative Building of SUSTC, No. 1088, Xueyuan Rd., Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China 518055
(3) Submission in person: Department of Publicity and Public Relation (Room 402, Administrative Building of SUSTC; office time: From Monday to Friday)
2. The works submitted will not be sent back whether it is adopted, so please remain draft by you.
VI. Selection Method
1. The collected works are sorted and classified by the Department of Publicity and Public Relation.
2. SUSTC will adopt the selection method of combining expert review and mass selection, to select the collected motto works anonymously.
Selection procedures are:
(1) The expert group conducts finalist selection for all collected works, and determines 10 finalist works;
(2) Organize teachers and students to discuss the 10 finalist works and vote, determining 5 of them obtain finalist award;
(3) SUSTC determines 1 selected work according to the opinions of expert group and voting result;
(4) The selected work shall be submitted to Teacher’s Representative Committee of SUSTC for discussion, and reported to the board of directors after passing.
3. If any same situation occurs in the collected works, the first work will be selected to participating in the evaluation.
1.This collection activity is with awards. There is 1 admission award, 5 finalist awards, both of which will issue certificate of honor, and give proper rewards, and there is 1 admission award with RMB 20 thousand Yuan bonus; 5 finalist awards with RMB 2 thousand Yuan each person.
2.The university will carry out preferred overall VI program cooperation with plan contributor.
VIII. Intellectual Property
1. The works participating in the collection shall not violate relevant laws and regulations, and must guarantee its originality. If the work has intellectual property or copyright disputes, etc., SUSTC reserves the right to cancel its participation qualification, and all legal responsibilities shall be borne by the contributor, and be irrelevant to SUSTC. If the infringement act damages the benefits of SUSTC, we will investigate and affix legal liability to the contributor.
2. After the works are adopted and paid with prize, the SUSTC has right to adjust to adjust or partly intercept; SUSTC will reserve the copyright of the work and have rights of use, modification and publicity etc.
IX. Contact Information
Address: Department of Publicity and Public Relation, Room 402 of Administrative Building of SUSTC
Postal code: 518055
Contact person: Ma Dongmei
Contact phone: 0755-88010226
X. Other Business
1. The author should write the name, mailing address, contact phone and email on the works.
2. For basic information of SUSTC, please visit www.sustech.edu.cn
3. SUSTC reserves the right of final explanation of this notice.
September 25, 2015